Wednesday, February 15, 2012

INTRODUCING.....

Our Intended Parents, Amit and Onn!! I was waiting  to talk to them about my blog before sharing with everyone who they are, I am so happy that they said , "YES please do!" 



Amit, Me, Chris and Onn
 


So, yes as you can see I am becoming a surrogate for two DADDIES and nothing can make me happier! This being the first time we met the guys face to face I was nervous but there was no reason to be! From the moment we met it felt like we had known each other for years, conversation was so easy and it felt like we just picked up from where we last left! The guys are so sweet, caring and ready for parenthood! 

Saturday we flew into NY and our car took us to our hotel, On The Ave, in the city on the Upper West Side. The guys were there waiting for us, hugs were shared all the way around and we went on our way to see the city. We started by a nice walk in Central Park,

then to Rockefeller Center to the Top of the Rock!

We of course had to stop at the Lego Store to pick up something for the kiddos!
 After walking around for several hours it was time for dinner, we went to the amazing, Benjamin's Steakhouse. It was the best steak ever and the conversation was even better, learning more about the guys lives in Israel, their family and Jewish traditions. Our next stop was  Palace Theater on Times Square to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert, an absolute amazing show!!
 
Chris, myself and Onn

 Saturday was an amazing day but now on to Sunday, the reason we made the trip, the transfer. The guys called the clinic early in the morning to ensure the embryos still looked okay and the transfer was still on. Everything was a go so we made our way to NJ. When we arrived at the fertility clinic they said it may be awhile because they were busy and they were right, we waited for awhile but that is usually how it works, right! Finally the guys and I went back and the nurses got us ready for the transfer, we had to get all dressed up.
Onn and myself
Amit getting "dressed"
 

The transfer took literally 5 minutes but it went well they transferred two fresh embryos one from each of the guys! After the transfer we went back to a hotel in NJ where I rested all day, it was great just spending time just Chris and myself! We left on Monday morning and are back home. So now we are in the infamous "two week wait," until we find out if everything stuck! 

 We love our IP's because never have we met two people that are more deserving or ready to have children. Chris and I feel truly honored and privileged to help them in accomplishing their dreams. It saddens me because I know there will be some that do not entirely support me in this journey but with the support of my husband, friends and some family I will help fulfill the dreams of two people that want to give their mothers and fathers grandchildren, their sister's and brother's nieces or nephews and their nieces and nephews cousins. It is our own way to help the "Modern Family" grow!

 






1 comment:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you are so willing to give such an amazing gift. I understand how it can be hard for some people to accept your decision in doing this, I just wish this doesn't cause you any stress. Take it easy my dear friend. I truly hope they both "stick" and they get a boy and a girl : )

    ReplyDelete