Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How it all started!!

Hello All!! Well where do I start? For those of you that do not yet know, last January I began the journey of becoming a surrogate! It is something that I have been curious and interested in since the first time I heard about such a thing! I brought it up to Chris after Vi was born and of course being the awesome supportive husband he is he said, "Sure, why not?" So with the green light, it began, I did much research and found an agency I really liked that was in New Jersey, Reproductive Possibilities. I filled out an application and then waited, only a few days later I received a call but since I was still nursing Vi I would have to wait a while longer! Summer time rolled around and I received another call from RP and this time we were ready to move forward , so began the matching process to Intended Parents, medical screening, Psychological screening and then of course more waiting!!! Long story short in August we were matched with wonderful international intended parents and all of the screening was passed by everyone!! 

Fast Forward to January, I started on my cycle of hormone injections. One injection of Lupron I give myself everyday in my belly and then one injection of Delestrogen in my bottom every 3 days , this one was a problem! Going into the process I figured I would be able to give this one to myself as well but, not so much!! Chris was of course supportive in this process but was not at all comfortable with needles but once again being super awesome he said give my that needle and I will do it, I laughed but he was serious, so for several weeks now Chris has been giving me injections and he does so like a pro!! 

Now we are in February and we will be traveling to New Jersey in less then a week for the second time for an embryo transfer and to finally meet our wonderful IP's for the first time face to face!! All this time we have be communicating through email, phone calls and Skype which has been great but I can not wait to give them a huge hug!!! So this journey that we have been on thus far is taking one giant leap forward and I can not be more thrilled!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you!!! This is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! U are an amazingly selfless woman! Such an incredible gift like no other by giving the gift of motherhood and Fatherhoof to another family! God bless u Michelle. Keep us all posted!

    ReplyDelete